Benefits of Membership
The Oregon Veterinary Medical Association's mission is the promotion of veterinary medicine as a profession, education of the public regarding veterinary medical issues, and the protection of your professional interests as a veterinarian.
We hope that you will join over 1,000 of your Oregon colleagues in OVMA membership. To apply, complete the OVMA Membership Application and submit it with your dues payment. Contact us for more information.
Here are just a few of the benefits and services that have been developed, endorsed or adopted by the OVMA with the veterinary practice in mind
- Oregon Veterinary Conference
30% discount on registration
- Wild West Veterinary Conference
Discount on full registration
- Team Training: Monthly Webinars
Save $10 per webinar
Other Annual Benefits
- Viewpoint $85 value
The official newsletter/publication of the OVMA, available by mail or e-mail.
- e-News Service $75+ value
At least bimonthly by email, with breaking news alerts.
- e-News App $75+ value
Receive instant notification of e-News or e-News alerts on your phone or tablet.
- Find a Vet Service $150+ value
Members searchable by city, clinic or special interest. Find a Vet is the most visited part of our Web site. Only members are listed. Find a Vet is the most visited part of our Web site.
- OVMA Directory $50 value
Our award-winning resource guide in PDF format. Hard copy available for $50.
- Access to OVC Proceedings Archive $200+ value
Archive of Oregon Veterinary Conference notes back to 2010.
- Classified Ads $100 - 600 value
Members receive a $100+ discount per ad.
- Client Education Materials $75 value
Posters, brochures, handouts, Web site
- Members-Only Content Priceless
Newsletter archive, practice tips, legislative updates, etc.
- Legal Consents for Veterinary Practices 15% discount
- Personal & Professional Insurance Services (Varies): Through the Wells Fargo Veterinary Insurance Program
- Legislative Advocacy Priceless
- OVMA Staff Service Priceless
Annual Savings: Approx. $700 - 1,200+
Practice Owner Annual Benefits
In addition to the individual benefits listed above, practice owners receive other value and savings:
- Credit Card Processing
- Collections Service
- Group Health Insurance: Through the OVMA Group Health Plan
- Personal & Professional Insurance Services: Through the Wells Fargo Veterinary Insurance Program
- Spay/Neuter Tattoo Kit
- OSHA Video/DVD & Manual
- Legislative Representation
Annual Membership Dues
OVMA fiscal year: July 1 - June 30
In acknowledgement of the transition period from student to professional, our dues system includes the following steps:
- Veterinary Students: Free (Current OSU CVM students)
- Recent graduates (2015/16): First year free!
- Step 1: $105
First time members (who are not recent graduates) start at this step.
- Step 2: $200
- Member: $295
- Associate (out-of-state) Members: $130
- OSU CVM Faculty: $150 ($100 underwritten by OSU CVM)