Domestic Pet Travel Requirements

Veterinarians looking for information on these requirements? Please visit this page.

Interstate Travel within the United States

Each state has its own requirements for pet entry. Most states require a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection and current rabies vaccination.

For more information, consult the ODA's travel requirements summary and your veterinarian.

Entering Oregon

  • A Certificate of Veterinary Inspection is required, issued no more than 30 days prior to entry. This certificate must state: "This animal has not been exposed to rabies nor has rabies been diagnosed within a radius of 50 miles within the past six months."
  • For animals four months and older, current rabies vaccination required according to manufacturer´s instructions (1 or 3 year vaccine). 

Entering Alaska

Entering Hawaii