Oregon State Fair
Oregon State Fairgrounds, Salem
Our volunteers are staffing the booth from 10 am - 8 pm, most days.
This year, the OVMA booth will focus on zoonotic diseases in all types of animals (companion animals, equine, livestock, exotics, birds) and how to prevent them for the health and wellbeing of both animals and people.
A zoonotic disease is a disease that can be passed from animals to humans. These diseases can be caused by viruses, bacteria, parasites, and fungi. Humans can contract zoonotic or vector-borne diseases through contact with an animal, its bodily fluids, its infected waste or its living environment; by contact with water or soil contaminated by infected animal waste; by eating meat from infected animals or eating food such as fruits and vegetables that have been contaminated by infected animal waste; or through vectors—such from infected animals to humans via mosquitoes, fleas or ticks.
Learn more about zoonotic diseases and how to prevent them:
Ask a Vet
Come by our booth and Ask a Vet your pet, equine or animal-related question! Veterinarian volunteers available at various times throughout the course of the Fair.
Ask a Vet Schedule:
- Friday, August 23: 10 am - 4 pm
- Saturday, August 24: 4 pm - 8 pm
- Sunday, August 25: Noon - 4 pm | 6 - 8 pm
- Monday, August 26: 10 am - 2 pm | 4 pm - 6 pm
- Tuesday, August 27: 10 am - Noon | 2 pm - 8 pm
- Wednesday, August 28: 10 am - Noon | 4 pm - 8 pm
- Thursday, August 29: 10 am - Noon | 2 pm - 8 pm
- Friday, August 30: 10 am - 2 pm | 6 pm - 8 pm
- Saturday, August 31: 10 am - 8 pm
- Monday, September 1: 6 pm - 8 pm
Subject to change.
Service Animals in Training
Friends Canine Companions for Independence Cascade Chapter (CCI) visiting the booth at the following times. Come get some puppy love!
- Saturday, August 24: 11 am - 5 pm
- Wednesday, August 28: 11 am - 5 pm
Subject to change.
Are you a veterinarian or veterinary team member who wants to volunteer in our booth at the Fair? Please view our volunteer roster here.