Oregon Veterinary Conference
See you in March 2017!
An app for the 2016 Oregon Veterinary Conference is available. It will include the schedule, room assignments, facility map, and much more.
To install the app, follow these steps:
- First, install the Yapp app, available from the App Store or iTunes (iPhone) and the Google Play store (Android),
- Visit this link from your mobile device: http://my.yapp.us/OREGONVC
Updates: The app will be updated as new information is available. You will be prompted to load any available updates when you open the app.
Announcements: Allow Yapp to send you push notifications if you want to receive on-site conference announcements on your device.
If you still have the 2015 conference app installed on your device, there is no need to install anything new. The app will prompt you to update to the 2016 version when you open it in Yapp.
- Dr. Rick LeCouter: Neurology
- Dr. Peter Kintzer: Internal Medicine & Commonly Misdiagnosed Diseases ~ Sponsored by Idexx
- Dr. Lisa Parshley: Marijuana Toxicity
- Dr. David Twedt: Internal Medicine & GI Tract Illnesses & Diseases ~ Sponsored by Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets
- OSU Faculty: Translational Research Topics in Veterinary Medicine: SMDA: A New Renal Function Biomarker for Dogs and Cats ~ Dr. Jean Hall; 3-D Imaging of Cardiac Anatomy, Volume, and Function ~ Dr. Kate Sollan; Transitional Cell Carcinoma Cross Species Transcriptome ~ Dr. Shay Bracha; Genome Sequence Analysis of Chlamydia Abortus Strains Ovine ~ Dr. Daniel Rockey; Pedical Ties Provide a Rapid and Safe Method for Feline ~ Dr. Kirk Miller; Koi Herpesvirus Latent Infection ~ Dr. Ling Jin - Moderator: Luiz Bermudez, MD – Biomedical Sciences, OSU CVM
- Dr. Erica McKenzie: Update on Equine Myopathies, How to Get the Most Out of Your Blood Work
- Dr. Bill Moyer: Examination and Interpretation of Equine Foot Problems, Role of the Large Animal Practitioner in Disasters, People-Oriented Case Management of Horses with Chronic Laminates, Diminishing Risks Involved with the Pre-Purchase Examination
- Dr. Steve Reed: Neurology, EPM, Potomac Horse Fever, Current Medicine Topics
- Dr. Mike Apley: Residue in Dairy Cows, Antibiotic Resistance, Veterinary Feed Directive
- Dr. Charles Estill & Dr. Hernan Montilla: Tips & Tricks in Obstetrics
- Dr. Brad LeaMaster: ODA Update
- Dr. Gary Sides: Food Animal Medicine & Technology ~ Sponsored by Zoetis
- Jacob Kamins JD: Animal Neglect & Abuse ~ Sponsored by the Oregon Animal Health Foundation
Technicians & Assistants
- Chantal Faraudo, CVT, CVPP: Managing the Surgery Patient’s Pain, Anesthetic Challenges in the Cat with Urethral Obstruction, Rise Above Bullying: A Growing Epidemic Among Veterinary Nurses, When Coagulation Goes Wrong, Emergency Care of Neonates & Pediatric Patients
- Dolores Galindo CVT: Strategies for Working with a Challenging Dog & Cat
- Liz Hughston RVT VTS: Indications & Use of Feeding Tubes, Acute Anaphylaxis, Nursing Head Trauma, Nursing the Recumbent Patient, Hospice & Palliative Care
- Darci Palmer LVT VTS: Anesthesia Drug Protocol, Airway Management, Anesthetic Complications, Cardiovascular Complications During Anesthesia
- Dr. Sandy Willis: Urinalysis Lecture & Lab ~ Sponsored by Phoenix Central Laboratory
Practice Management & Team Development
- Darren Osborne: Client & Practice Focused Management
- Shelley Johnson CVPM: Elevating Customer Service, Focusing on Patient Care, Effective Communication in Clinical Practice ~ Sponsored by Patterson Veterinary
- Dr. Victoria Knutson & Dr. Brianna Schur: Training Modules ~ Sponsored by USDA APHIS
Please print the proceedings for the sessions you plan to attend and bring them with you to the conference; load them to your laptop, smartphone or tablet; or access them through the conference app. To access the proceedings page, you will need the login information from your confirmation postcard or e-mail. Already logged in as an OVMA member? Logout first, then login with the 2016 OVC credentials.
You will receive your CE Form onsite as part of your check-in packet.
CH2M Hill Alumni Center Ballroom
Visit the Exhibit Hall to check out the allied industry display of equipment, products, and services. Play exhibitor bingo for a chance to win an iPad! (iPad provided by Dignified Pet Services.)
Arnold Dining Hall
Silent Auction to Benefit Oregon Animal Health Foundation
CH2M Hill Alumni Center Ballroom
Bid on great prizes in the silent auction to benefit the Oregon Animal Health Foundation. Donations of silent auction items gratefully accepted. Want to contribute something to the auction but not sure what to donate? We have gift basket and donation ideas! Contact us for more information or to let us know you will be bringing an item for the auction. The silent auction will close on Saturday at 3:30 pm.
OSU CVM Alumni Reception
Friday, 5:30 pm - Magruder Lobby, OSU CVM
Appetizers and drinks. Tours for those who want to see what’s new. Good conversation for those who want to just hang out. Sign up on the registration form. Sponsored by Purina ProPlan Veterinary Diets.
Food & Mixed Animal Practitioners’ Breakfast
Saturday, 7:00 am - Arnold Dining Hall
Sign up on the registration form. Sponsored by Zoetis.
Saturday, 5:00 pm - Giustina Art Gallery, LaSells Stewart Center
The OSU SCAVMA will be holding its annual gathering on Saturday evening to encourage interaction between veterinary students and veterinarians. All veterinarians are invited to linger a bit after the day's sessions to network with the OSU veterinary students. Students will offer appetizers and drinks in exchange for conversation on careers and the profession. Please stop by the Giustina Art Gallery of LaSells Stewart Center immediately after the day's sessions. Sign up on the registration form. Sponsored by Purina ProPlan Veterinary Diets.
OVMA Business Forum
Sunday 7:30 am - CH2M Hill Alumni Center Ballroom
This is your opportunity to learn more about the status of your association, legislative activities, and how the OVMA is involved with the current issues facing the veterinary profession.
The Oregon Animal Hall of Fame™ awards (sponsored by the Oregon Animal Health Foundation) and the OVMA Awards of Excellence will be presented at a luncheon ceremony held Saturday, March 5, 2016 during the Oregon Veterinary Conference.
OVMA members may nominate a worthy colleague or animal for any of these awards. The forms below are fillable. Save the file to your computer, fill it out and e-mail it back to us with any additional documentation and/or photos as required, or print the form out and return it to us by mail or fax.
Nominations are due by January 31, 2016
- Oregon Animal Hall of Fame™ Awards Nomination Form PDF
- OVMA Awards of Excellence Nomination Form PDF
We provide the opportunity for veterinarians to interview senior students for prospective employment. If you are a veterinarian who is interested in participating in this opportunity, please return the form below to the OVMA office.
For a list of childcare providers in the Corvallis area, please contact the Corvallis Tourism Board at (800) 334-8188.
The Oregon Veterinary Conference is a cooperative effort of the Oregon Veterinary Medical Association and the College of Veterinary Medicine at Oregon State University with the goal of providing meaningful continuing education to Northwest veterinarians, practice managers, and paraprofessionals.