Oregon Veterinary Conference
- About the OVC
- Brochure & Registration Forms
- Speakers & Topics
- Exhibitor Information & Sponsorship Opportunities (Exhibit Hall SOLD OUT)
- Oregon Animal Hall of Fame™ & OVMA Awards of Excellence
- Travel, Lodging, & Parking
- Student Interviews
- International Camelid Health Conference
In conjunction with the International Camelid Health Conference
- 2015 Oregon Veterinary Conference Registration Packet (includes registration forms) PDF
- 2015 OVC Registration Form: DVMs and CVM Students PDF
- 2015 OVC Registration Form: Staff PDF
Register online until 3/4 at 5 pm. After this date, please register onsite as we will be in Corvallis on 3/5 for the International Camelid Health Conference.
We are excited to announce that an app for the Oregon Veterinary Conference is now available through Yapp.
- Install the Yapp app, available from iTunes (iPhone) and Google Play (Android).
- Open Yapp, choose "I've been invited to an App" and enter the conference app code: PPWXXG, or visit http://my.yapp.us/PPWXXG from your mobile device to install.
- Allow the app to send you push notifications in order to receive onsite announcements and updates.
- The app includes the schedule and room assignments, a facility map, the proceedings, and more!
Please print the proceedings for the sessions you plan to attend and bring them with you to the conference, load them to your laptop, smartphone or tablet; or--new this year!--access them through the conference app. To access the proceedings page, you will need the login information from your confirmation postcard or e-mail. Already logged in as an OVMA member? Logout first, then login with the 2015 OVC credentials.
- Brian Bowers PharmD: Pharmacy Issues
- Dr. Leah Cohn: Respiratory Disease
- Dr. Guillermo Couto: Oncology & Immune-Mediated Disease ~ Sponsored by Idexx
- Dr. Andy Moorhead: Parasitology & Heartworm Disease ~ Sponsored by Merial
- Dr. Heidi Shafford & Dr. Jean Battig: Canine & Feline Dental Blocks Lab
- Dr. Diane Shelton: Neuromuscular Disease
- Dr. Susanne Stieger: Radiology, Thoracic Disease
- Dr. Lynn Caldwell: Equine Dentistry--How to Exam, Chart & Plan Your Treatment
- Dr. Harold McKenzie III: Anthelmintic Resistance, Rational Antibiotic Therapy, Respiratory Infections, Inflammatory Airway Disease, Nutritional Support for Sick Foals
- Dr. Steve O'Grady: Laminitis & Farriery
- Dr. Joe Campbell: Herd Management in Preventing Trichomoniasis, Role of Vaccinations in Managing IBR and BVD ~ Sponsored by Boehringer Ingelheim
- Dr. Chuck Estill: Pain Control in Food Animals
- Dr. Brad LeaMaster: Animal Health Division Update
- Dr. Hernan Montilla: Embryo Transfer
- Dr. Katie Mrdutt: Food Armor - HACCP for Proper Drug Use ~ Sponsored by Zoetis
- Dr. Clare Scully: IVF
- Dr. Cheryl Eia: Disaster Preparation for Clinics ~ Sponsored by the Oregon Animal Health Foundation
- Thomas Kelly: Risk Management - Preparing for the Worst ~ Sponsored by the Oregon Animal Health Foundation
Technicians & Assistants
- Dr. Karyn Bird: Sample Packaging & Shipping
- Megan Brashear CVT VTS (ECC): Anesthetic Complications, Critical Thinking, The Blocked Cat
- Liz Hughston RVT VTS (ECC): Nursing Skills, Drug Interactions, Wound Healing & Bandaging
- Phil Seibert, Jr. CVT: Pharmacy, Hospital Safety
Practice Management & Team Development
- Brian Conrad CVPM: Leadership ~ Sponsored by Merial
- Wendy Myers MS: Communication
- Phil Seibert, Jr. CVT: OSHA
- Dr. Brianna Schur: Training Modules ~ Sponsored by USDA APHIS
You will receive your CE Form onsite as part of your check-in packet.
Lanyards Animal Welfare Track Exhibitor Bingo Prize
Food Animal Practitioners' Breakfast APHIS Accreditation Dr. Guillermo Couto
Saturday's Food Animal Track
Dr. Andy Moorhead, Brian Conrad CVPM Dr. Joe Campbell
Visit the Exhibit Hall to check out the allied industry display of equipment, products, and services. Play exhibitor bingo for a chance to win an iPad! (iPad provided by Dignified Pet Services.)
Silent Auction to Benefit Oregon Animal Health Foundation
Bid on great prizes in the silent auction to benefit the Oregon Animal Health Foundation. Donations of silent auction items gratefully accepted. Want to contribute something to the auction but not sure what to donate? We have gift basket and donation ideas! Contact us for more information or to let us know you will be bringing an item for the auction.
Food & Mixed Animal Practitioners’ Breakfast
Saturday, 7:00 am - 8:00 am. Sponsored by Zoetis. Sign up on the registration form.
The OSU SCAVMA will be holding its annual gathering to encourage interaction between veterinary students and veterinarians. The event is open to veterinarians attending the OVC, and also to CVM alumni and area practitioners. This complimentary come-as-you-are event with beer and wine tasting will be held in the Giustina Art Gallery of LaSells Stewart Center on Saturday evening. Veterinarians are encouraged to bring friends and family. Please join us for what is sure to be a fun event! Please disregard the $30 fee on the registration forms. There is no fee, but an RSVP with number attending is requested to plan for food and drink. If you had already paid the fee, we will be issuing refunds automatically, or contact us if you'd like us to use the fee as a donation to SCAVMA.
OVMA Business Forum
Sunday morning is your opportunity to learn more about the status of your association, legislative activities, and how the OVMA is involved with the current issues facing the veterinary profession.
2012 inductee, Service/Professional
The Oregon Animal Hall of Fame™ awards (sponsored by the Oregon Animal Health Foundation) and the OVMA Awards of Excellence will be presented at a luncheon ceremony held Saturday, March 7, 2015 during the Oregon Veterinary Conference.
OVMA members may nominate a worthy colleague or animal for any of these awards. The forms below are fillable. Save the file to your computer, fill it out and e-mail it back to us with any additional documentation and/or photos as required, or print the form out and return it to us by mail or fax.
Nominations are due by January 31, 2015
- Oregon Animal Hall of Fame™ Awards Nomination Form PDF
- OVMA Awards of Excellence Nomination Form PDF
We provide the opportunity for veterinarians to interview senior students for prospective employment. If you are a veterinarian who is interested in participating in this opportunity, please return the form below to the OVMA office.
For a list of childcare providers in the Corvallis area, please contact the Corvallis Tourism Board at (800) 334-8188.
The Oregon Veterinary Conference is a cooperative effort of the Oregon Veterinary Medical Association and the College of Veterinary Medicine at Oregon State University with the goal of providing meaningful continuing education to Northwest veterinarians, practice managers, and paraprofessionals.