Oregon Veterinary Conference
- About the OVC
- Brochure & Registration Forms
- Speakers & Topics
- Exhibitor Information & Sponsorship Opportunities
- Oregon Animal Hall of Fame™ & OVMA Awards of Excellence
- Travel, Lodging, & Parking
- Student Interviews
- Registration available soon.
We are excited to announce that an app for the 2016 Oregon Veterinary Conference is available through Yapp.
- Install the Yapp app, available from iTunes (iPhone) and Google Play (Android).
- The OVC app is located at this link: http://my.yapp.us/OREGONVC
- The app is currently being updated for 2016. You can install it anytime, though, and it will automatically update with new information (as available) when you open the app.
- If you have the 2015 conference app installed on your device, there is no need to install anything new. The app will prompt you to update it to this year's information when you open it in Yapp.
With more to come...
- Dr. Rick LeCouter: Neurology
- Dr. Peter Kintzer: Internal Medicine & Commonly Misdiagnosed Diseases ~ Sponsored by Idexx
- Dr. Lisa Parshley: Marijuana Toxicity
- Dr. David Twedt: Internal Medicine & GI Tract Illnesses & Diseases ~ Sponsored by Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets
- OSU Faculty: Research Potpourri
- Dr. Steve Reed: Neurology, EPM, Potomac Horse Fever, Current Medicine Topics
- Dr. Mike Apley: Residue in Dairy Cows, Antibiotic Resistance, Veterinary Feed Directive
- Dr. Brad LeaMaster: ODA Update
- Dr. Gary Sides: Food Animal Medicine & Technology
- Jacob Kamins JD: Animal Neglect & Abuse ~ Sponsored by the Oregon Animal Health Foundation
Technicians & Assistants
- Liz Hughston RVT VTS: Indications & Use of Feeding Tubes, Acute Anaphylaxis, Nursing Head Trauma, Nursing the Recumbent Patient, Hospice & Palliative Care
- Darci Palmer LVT VTS: Anesthesia Drug Protocol, Airway Management, Anesthetic Complications, Cardiovascular Complications During Anesthesia
- Dr. Sandy Willis: Urinalysis Lecture & Lab ~ Sponsored by Phoenix Central Laboratory
Practice Management & Team Development
- Darren Osborne: Client & Practice Focused Management
- Shelley Johnson CVPM: Elevating Customer Service, Focusing on Patient Care, Effective Communication in Clinical Practice ~ Sponsored by Patterson Veterinary
- Dr. Victoria Knutson & Dr. Brianna Schur: Training Modules ~ Sponsored by USDA APHIS
Please print the proceedings for the sessions you plan to attend and bring them with you to the conference, load them to your laptop, smartphone or tablet; or access them through the conference app. To access the proceedings page, you will need the login information from your confirmation postcard or e-mail. Already logged in as an OVMA member? Logout first, then login with the 2016 OVC credentials.
- To follow.
You will receive your CE Form onsite as part of your check-in packet.
CH2M Hill Alumni Center Ballroom
Visit the Exhibit Hall to check out the allied industry display of equipment, products, and services. Play exhibitor bingo for a chance to win an iPad! (iPad provided by Dignified Pet Services.)
Arnold Dining Hall
Silent Auction to Benefit Oregon Animal Health Foundation
CH2M Hill Alumni Center Ballroom
Bid on great prizes in the silent auction to benefit the Oregon Animal Health Foundation. Donations of silent auction items gratefully accepted. Want to contribute something to the auction but not sure what to donate? We have gift basket and donation ideas! Contact us for more information or to let us know you will be bringing an item for the auction. The silent auction will close on Saturday at 3:30 pm.
OSU CVM Alumni Reception
Friday, 5:30 pm - Magruder Lobby, OSU CVM
Appetizers and drinks. Tours for those who want to see what’s new. Good conversation for those who want to just hang out.
Food & Mixed Animal Practitioners’ Breakfast
Saturday, 7:00 am - Arnold Dining Hall
Sponsored by Zoetis. Sign up on the registration form.
Saturday, 5:00 pm - Giustina Art Gallery, LaSells Stewart Center
The OSU SCAVMA will be holding its annual gathering on Saturday evening to encourage interaction between veterinary students and veterinarians. All veterinarians are invited to linger a bit after the day's sessions to network with the OSU veterinary students. Students will offer appetizers and drinks in exchange for conversation on careers and the profession. Please stop by the Giustina Art Gallery of LaSells Stewart Center immediately after the day's sessions.
OVMA Business Forum
Sunday 7:30 am - CH2M Hill Alumni Center Ballroom
This is your opportunity to learn more about the status of your association, legislative activities, and how the OVMA is involved with the current issues facing the veterinary profession.
The Oregon Animal Hall of Fame™ awards (sponsored by the Oregon Animal Health Foundation) and the OVMA Awards of Excellence will be presented at a luncheon ceremony held Saturday, March 5, 2016 during the Oregon Veterinary Conference.
OVMA members may nominate a worthy colleague or animal for any of these awards. The forms below are fillable. Save the file to your computer, fill it out and e-mail it back to us with any additional documentation and/or photos as required, or print the form out and return it to us by mail or fax.
Nominations are due by January 31, 2016
- Oregon Animal Hall of Fame™ Awards Nomination Form PDF
- OVMA Awards of Excellence Nomination Form PDF
We provide the opportunity for veterinarians to interview senior students for prospective employment. If you are a veterinarian who is interested in participating in this opportunity, please return the form below to the OVMA office.
- To follow.
For a list of childcare providers in the Corvallis area, please contact the Corvallis Tourism Board at (800) 334-8188.
The Oregon Veterinary Conference is a cooperative effort of the Oregon Veterinary Medical Association and the College of Veterinary Medicine at Oregon State University with the goal of providing meaningful continuing education to Northwest veterinarians, practice managers, and paraprofessionals.