From the Lafeber Web site
We have learned that certain grains stored in hot humid conditions can develop hot spots, randomly increasing their moisture. We discovered that one of the grains used in our products was not properly stored prior to its arrival to our facility, resulting in some small areas containing undesirably higher moisture content. Because the increased moisture level can lead to problems with the food over time, such as bacterial or fungal growth, we recommend that you discontinue feeding the listed lot numbers. (See affected lot numbers below.)
No problems have been reported and we are recalling the food to ensure that there are no problems.
Because of the randomness of hot spots, our quality control procedures did not detect the problem initially. Unfortunately, this was an unexpected quality control problem and new quality measures have already been put in place to prevent this in the future.
- Parrot Nutri-Berries 12oz tubs Best Before: 121913B
- Parrot Nutri-Berries 3.25lb tubs, 20lb boxes Best Before: 121813A – 121813B – 121913A 122713A – 122713B and 010514
- Parrot Popcorn Nutri-Berries 4oz, 1lb bags Best Before: 122013 – 122613
- Cockatiel Sunny Orchard Nutri-Berries 10oz bags Best Before: 122113 – 010214
- Parrot Sunny Orchard Nutri-Berries 10oz, 3lb bags Best Before: 122513 – 122813