Thank you to our industry partners for supporting the OVMA and our public relations program.
Elanco Animal Health
Elanco is a leading innovation-driven corporation committed to developing a growing portfolio of best-in-class and first-in-class pharmaceutical products to enable veterinarians to help pets live longer, healthier, higher quality lives.
Bret Canfield: (360) 448-0976 (select accounts)
Tracy Cosper: (503) 539-1517
Dr. Jacqueline Neilson, DACVB: (503) 358-6701
Lynne Rooney: (971) 777-2539
- Do You Understand the New Standards in Client Care?
- Inventory: We Will Survive But We Will Look Different
- Unleashing Your Pharmacy’s Potential: Why it Matters
Architectural Werks, Inc.
Providing veterinary architecture, space planning, interior design, consultation, and construction administration services throughout the Pacific NW since 1969.
Jeff Clark, AIA: (425) 823-2244
- Dealing with Noise in Veterinary Facilities
- Floor Materials 101 - Polished Concrete
- Managing Odors in the Practice
- Remodeling Your Practice? Things to Consider
- The Hospital of the Future is Now
- Street Appeal
The AVMA PLIT offers business, personal and professional liability insurance products for veterinarians. PLIT-sponsored products are available to AVMA and student AVMA members. The PLIT has been serving veterinarians since 1962 and its mission is to provide a valuable AVMA member service that protects the assets and reputations of the participants and enhances the image of the profession.
Sales and Service Center:
- After the Disaster: Safety Tips for the Clean-Up
- Classifying Employees Properly on Your Workers' Compensation Policy
- ERISA & Fiduciary Fundamentals
- Essential Disaster Planning for Veterinary Practices
- Managing an OSHA Inspection
- Protect Yourself from Identity Theft
- Safety and Security After Hours: Protect Your Practice Against Crime
- Seven Key Elements of Business Continuity Planning
- Top 7 Business Insurance Mistakes Made by Veterinary Practice Owners
BnK Construction, Inc.
Veterinary and Pet Care Facilities are a unique and specialized type of construction that demands a qualified and experienced contractor. BnK Construction, Inc. can assist you in all aspects of your project from site selection, equipment procurement, design on through complete construction. Please visit our Web site to discover what BnK can do for you!
For more information, contact:
Heather Hippenstiel at (503) 557-0866
Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica
Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica, a family-owned company, is dedicated to improving the lives and well being of animals.
Tashia Fernandez (Regional Manager): (360) 852-6159
Ali Lefort: (864) 637-8463
Deb Mason: (503) 507-9177
Ryan Ong: (515) 991-0349
Henry Schein Animal Health
We provide nationwide service to veterinarians through the distribution of pharmaceuticals, biologicals, capital equipment and clinic supplies. Our friendly, knowledgeable sales team can provide your practice with exceptional service. We are here to be your value based, solution driven distributor of choice!
To find your representative, please call:
(855) SCHEIN1 (724-3461)
Terrie Corcoran: (503) 740-8799
Loren Heryford: (503) 701-3244
Doug Hoge: (360) 909-4279
Wayne LaPier: (509) 280-6341
Bernie Maier: (503) 740-8012
Vern Mason: (503) 708-2955
HomeStreet Bank is a full service bank with offices in Oregon, Washington, Idaho, California, and Hawaii that specializes in lending to the veterinary community. We provide creative solutions for veterinarians seeking to construct a new hospital, purchase a practice or refinance debt. Our team is led by Scott Harvey, the only banker to be recognized by the WSVMA as its Allied Partner of the Year, in recognition of his service to the veterinary community.
Scott Harvey: (206) 254-7280
IBA - Omni Practice Group
Trusted by veterinarians to purchase or sell veterinary medical practices and real estate; practice evaluations, negotiation or facilitation services; financing alternatives; and career structuring.
- Access to Ownership
- Beware of Thumb Rules for Practice Sale Price
- Strategies for a Successful Veterinary Practice Purchase
- Utilization of a Practice Broker
McCoy Foat and Company, PC
If you’re looking for a friendly, energetic CPA partner, come to McCoy Foat. You’ll feel the difference the first time you walk through our door. That’s because we’re not about numbers – we’re about families, businesses and the people who run them. Numbers are just necessary tools for achieving your goals. Contact us for your tax preparation and planning, accounting (with Certified Quickbooks Advisors on staff), exit strategies or business valuation needs.
For a consultation, please contact:
Mark Foat, CPA, CBA, CFF: (503)-650-1040 or email@example.com
McCoy Foat Wealth Management Group
Mackenzie Martin with McCoy Foat Wealth Management Group is part of a team of highly motivated individuals dedicated to the financial health and well-being of our clients. Our strength is generated from long-term commitment to our clients and our communities. Mackenzie provides guidance for investments, insurance (life/disability/long term care) and financial planning. She is the endorsed advisor for financial planning for PVMA and WSVMA Members.
For a consultation, please contact:
Mackenzie Martin: (971) 204-1200 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Registered Representative offering securities through Independent Financial Group, LLC (IFG). Member FINRA/SIPC. Advisor serviced offered through Rx Investment Solutions, LLC a Registered Investment Advisor. McCoy Foat Wealth Management and Rx are not affiliated with IFG. Office of Supervisory Jurisdiction 340 Oswego Pointe Drive, Suite 204 Lake Oswego OR 97034. OR Insurance License #708320
- Financial Tidbits & Tax Tips for 2012
- 10 Point Checklist for Clinic Financial Wellbeing
- 10 Point Checklist for Personal Financial Wellbeing
- Planning for Premature Death or Disability
- Staying on Course: Successful Management of New ERISA Fee Disclosure Rules
- The Tax Man Cometh: 2013 Tax Changes
- The 10 Biggest Mistakes Investors Make
For Equine Owners:
Merial is a world-leading, innovation-driven animal health company, providing a comprehensive range of products to enhance the health, well-being and performance of a wide range of animals.
Robert Pahl, District Manager: (831) 332-2279
Chuck Barnes, Idaho: (253) 229-7355
Gaea Walker, Northwestern Oregon: (503) 894-3085
Kevin Dennis, Portland Metro: (503) 780-6156
Chris Gaub, Southern Oregon: (541) 602-8571
Dr. Stephen Maschmedt, Field Technical Service Veterinarian: (415) 238-5460
- Clinical Pearls: Tips for Talking to Clients About Flea Control
- The Ties That Bind: How Does Your Practice Say Goodbye?
Salzsieder & Associates, TPSG, LLC
We are independent brokers in the Pacific Region of Total Practice Solutions Group. TPSG is a nationwide group of veterinarians, brokers, attorneys and business experts. We meet your practice needs with Buyer Representation, Seller Representation, Appraisals, Financing Assistance, Management Consulting, Contract Negotiations, Legal Representation, Transition Planning and Real Estate Sales and Leasing. As a veterinarian, attorney and Accredited Valuation Analyst (AVA) Karl Salzsieder is uniquely qualified to provide practice owners and future buyers with honest, experienced advice to find value in your practice, to assist in the practice sale and to get clients results in the succession planning area.
Karl Salzsieder DVM, JD, AVA: (360) 636-1228 or email@example.com
Simmons & Associates Northwest
Practice Sales/Purchases/Buy-ins/Appraisals. Ease. Education. Experience. We put our 38 years of experience to work for you and educate you on the buying and selling process to bring you ease and comfort knowing you, your practice and your dreams are in good hands. Working with buyers achieving practice ownership dreams. Working with sellers achieving rewards from years of hard work. Getting deals done!
For more information, contact:
Nikki Nitz, CPA, CMA: (208) 664-3100
- Avoiding the Pitfalls in a Practice Sale
- Combating Employee Dissatisfaction
- Does My Long Term Associate Own Some of the Goodwill in My Practice?
- How Are Practice Sales Being Financed Today?
- How Does Generation & Gender Affect Practice Ownership?
- Is a Practice Merger a Good Option?
- Is Educational Debt a Barrier To Buying a Practice?
- Is My Practice Worth One Year's Gross?
- Management Issues in 1-3 Doctor Practices
- Practice Appraisal as a Management Tool
- Staffing Issues in 1-3 Doctor Practices
- Stand-Alone Medical Records Have No Value
- Unraveling the Mystery of Practice Appraisals
Valley Insurance Professionals
Valley Insurance Professionals is an independent, full-service insurance agency, authorized to represent the AVMA GHLIT. In addition to being the authorized representatives to the OSU College of Veterinary Medicine, we are able to help practicing veterinarians with the needs of their family or business. Offerings include Life, Medical, Disability, Long Term Care, Medicare Solutions, Auto, Home, and Liability. Contact us today for a comprehensive review of your insurance plan. Enjoy LIFE...we've got the rest covered!