Thank you to our industry partners for supporting the OVMA and our public relations program.
Architectural Werks, Inc.
Providing veterinary architecture, space planning, interior design, consultation, and construction administration services throughout the Pacific NW since 1969.
Jeff Clark, AIA: (425) 823-2244
- Creating a More Efficient Practice
- Dealing with Noise in Veterinary Facilities
- First Impressions: Creating a Client-Friendly Clinic
- Floor Materials 101 - Polished Concrete
- Managing Odors in the Practice
- Plan Your Project with a Sound Foundation
- Practical Strategies for Remodeling
- Remodeling Your Practice? Things to Consider
- The Hospital of the Future is Now
- Street Appeal
At Columbia Bank, we focus our energies on serving our veterinary clients better than any other financial institution. As a community-based bank, we offer a unique and unparalleled resource—a combination of professional expertise, individual attention and personal commitment. This commitment means we will work hard to understand your individual needs and counsel you on the financial decisions that affect your clinic. Our emphasis on relationship banking means you can rest assured that your veterinary clinic and finances remain well managed so you can concentrate on what you do best—providing services to your clients. But our commitment doesn't stop there. To better serve clinics outside our physical footprint, we have developed a wide range of products and services tailored to the veterinary industry that can fulfill all your banking needs no matter your location, while still providing you the relationship and service you expect from a community bank.
John Campbell: (503) 799-4145
Omni Practice Group
Over 100 years of Veterinary, Business, Finance, Brokering, and Real Estate experience. Trusted by veterinarians to purchase or sell veterinary medical practices and real estate including: associate to own, mergers, buyer’s representation, lease negotiation, building purchase/sale, associate placement and/or in-house transitions. We provide accredited valuations, creative financing solutions and personalized local service. Serving the Western United States with honesty and integrity. Initial consultation and analysis always free.
Jim Vander Mey, CPA, ABI, (877) 866-6053, ext. 2 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael Kovsky, DVM (877) 866-6053, ext. 5 or email@example.com
Rodney Johnston, MBA, CMA (877) 866-6053, ext. 1 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2020: It's Over! How the Pandemic Affects Practice Sales
- Access to Ownership
- Beware of Thumb Rules for Practice Sale Price
- Practice Transition Myth Busters
- Strategies for a Successful Veterinary Practice Purchase
- Trends in Transitions—Is It Time to Sell?
- Utilization of a Practice Broker
Total Practice Solutions Group, LLC (Salzsieder & Associates)
We are independent brokers in the Pacific Region of Total Practice Solutions Group. TPSG is a nationwide group of veterinarians, brokers, attorneys and business experts. We meet your practice needs with Buyer Representation, Seller Representation, Appraisals, Financing Assistance, Management Consulting, Contract Negotiations, Legal Representation, Transition Planning and Real Estate Sales and Leasing. As a veterinarian, attorney and Accredited Valuation Analyst (AVA) Karl Salzsieder is uniquely qualified to provide practice owners and future buyers with honest, experienced advice to find value in your practice, to assist in the practice sale and to get clients results in the succession planning area.
- How Client Divorce/Separation Can Affect Patient Ownership and Payments
- Know Your Veterinary Practice Value to Direct Management Decisions
- Prevent Loss in Practice Sale Price by Planning At Least 3 or More Years Before Listing
The AVMA PLIT delivers the most complete and supportive professional insurance program available to veterinarians. The PLIT’s comprehensive program gives you all the protection you need throughout your career. This includes professional liability, license defense, business insurance policies, workers’ compensation, employment practices liability, automobile, and comprehensive personal insurance solutions that have unique terms and provisions tailored to veterinarians, giving you greater protection and control.
Sales and Service Center:
800-228-PLIT (7548) or email@example.com
- After the Disaster: Safety Tips for the Clean-Up
- Classifying Employees Properly on Your Workers' Compensation Policy
- Eight Tips to Prevent Data Breach and Cyber Fraud
- ERISA & Fiduciary Fundamentals
- Essential Disaster Planning for Veterinary Practices
- Managing an OSHA Inspection
- Practice Security & Workplace Violence
- Proper Handling Techniques Reduce the Risk of Injuries at Your Practice
- Preventing Back Injuries
- Preventing Harassment at Your Practice
- Protect Yourself from Identity Theft
- Reduce the Likelihood of Malpractice Allegations & Board Complaints
- Seven Key Elements of Business Continuity Planning
- Top 7 Business Insurance Mistakes Made by Veterinary Practice Owners
- Veterinary Practice Pregnancy Policy
Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health
NexGard. The chewable flea and tick killer is preferred by dogs is also the only one FDA approved to prevent infections that cause Lyme disease. NexGard kills infected black-legged ticks before the bacteria that cause Lyme disease can be transmitted. For puppies 8 weeks of age or older, weighing 4 pounds or more.
Jake Ray, District Manager: (253) 225-4650
Gaea Walker, Northwestern Oregon: (503) 894-3085
Dr. Amelie Hatfield, Professional Services Veterinarian, Portland: (503) 333-5128
Dr. Scott Carter, Professional Services Veterinarian: (435) 764-1739
Signe Severs, Portland: (206) 755-9626
Chris Gaub, Southern Oregon: (541) 602-8571
Lisa Olson, Bend: (541) 213-8151
Amber Roney, Vancouver WA: (360) 844-0744
Buckley Law PC
Joe Carlisle is a shareholder in Buckley Law's healthcare and litigation practice groups and regularly represents clients in transactions, as well as in court. His practice is focused primarily on business transactions and disputes, including business litigation, employment litigation, healthcare matters, veterinary practice matters, breach of contract and fraud claims.
Joe Carlisle, (503) 620-8900
Adding a unique new offering to the veterinary industry, Epicur Pharma is a mini-manufacturer, producing drugs such as Tacrolimus Eyedrops, Buprenorphine Injection and Gabapentin tablets. Epicur is overseen by the FDA and is considered a 503B Registered Outsourcing Facility. Epicur follows Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) which are the same rules and regulations as the pharmaceutical companies. Epicur Pharma is proud to be a pioneer in animal drug standards, offering the largest selection of manufactured drugs that are traditionally compounded. Be sure to request Epicur products to get true quality that is backed by FDA oversight! Epicur products will be distributed directly to veterinary hospitals and offered through Stokes Pharmacy for individual patient prescriptions. Epicur is a new division of Stokes Healthcare (founded in 1975) and Stokes Pharmacy is a sister division.
Branson Bruce: (856) 818-8625
Our small business compliance platform is designed to help you meet OSHA’s Employee “Right-To-Know” Standards in one location. We provide Safety Data Sheets, Policies, Training Modules, the OSHA 300 Incident Log, and more! We look forward to helping your company maintain compliance, ensure the safety of your personnel, and maximize your time serving customers. OVMA members receive a 15% discount! Use code OREGONVMA when registering.
For more information, contact:
Michael Hackney: (256) 410-3422
Hippo Manager is the largest independently-owned, cloud-based veterinary practice management software provider in the United States. It is easy to use, intuitive and simple to learn. We serve as the central nervous system for veterinary practices, integrating patient data with labs, pharmacy, client communication, and more.
Lakefield Veterinary Group
Lakefield is a privately held, family-owned company building communities of like-minded veterinarians. We know you've spent a lifetime building a veterinary hospital defined by personal care, a unique culture, and dedication to your community. We believe this legacy matters more than anything. By partnering with Lakefield when you transition the ownership of your hospital, we preserve and protect that legacy for decades to come.
Medical Professionals Financial Group
Mackenzie Martin with Medical Professionals Financial Group is part of a team of highly motivated individuals dedicated to the financial health and well-being of our clients. Our strength is generated from long-term commitment to our clients and veterinary, medical and dental communities. Mackenzie provides guidance for investments, insurance (life/disability/long term care) and financial planning. She is the endorsed advisor for financial planning for PVMA and WSVMA Members.
For a consultation, please contact: Mackenzie Martin at (503) 697-0817 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Registered Representative offering securities through Independent Financial Group, LLC (IFG). Member FINRA/SIPC. Medical Professionals Financial Group is not affiliated with IFG. Office of Supervisory Jurisdiction 310 N. State St. Suite 206 Lake Oswego OR 97034. OR Insurance License #708320
- Avoid Common Pitfalls with Benefits in Veterinary Practice
- Counting Your Retirement "Assets"
- Finding the Silver Lining
- Finding True Financial Freedom
- Review Your Financial Biography
- Staying on Course: Successful Management of New ERISA Fee Disclosure Rules
- The 10 Biggest Mistakes Investors Make
For Equine Owners:
Norwest Contractors Inc.
We Start with Smart: A Plan and a Partnership. For No-Surprises No-Regrets Veterinary Construction. Remove All Doubt, Ask a Fellow Vet!
- Dr. Libbi Hawkins, Gabriel Park Vet Clinic, (3 projects) (503) 245-7275
- Dr. Thomas Mackowiak, Heartfelt Vet, (2 projects) (503) 765-1210
- Dr. Debbie Cochell, Sequoia/Woodburn Vet Clinics (2 projects) (503) 266-6090
- Dr. Jean Battig, Animal Dental Clinic, (503) 292-4533
- Dr. Courtney Anders, Heart Animal Hospital, (503) 954-3393
- Dr. Christine Ortner, Cascade Animal Hospital, (503) 655-1722
For more information:
Angella Heiber: (503) 291-6986 ext. 25
Pet Pharmacy NW
With over 20 years in compounding experience we are here to help support pet owners and veterinarians with custom medications. Our certified lab processes most prescriptions in less than 24 hours and we only use Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) from FDA approved facilities. Potency testing is completed often to ensure consistent and effective quality. We carry over 15 different flavor options to fit every animal’s needs. We offer free mailing to Oregon and Washington as well as competitive pricing for all!
Simmons & Associates Northwest
Practice Sales/Purchases/Buy-ins/Appraisals. Ease. Education. Experience. We put the longest established, most experienced, veterinary brokerage and appraisal team to work for you. We educate you on value, the buying and selling process, and your options, to bring you ease and comfort knowing you, your practice, and your dreams are in good hands. Working with buyers achieving practice ownership dreams. Working with sellers achieving rewards from years of hard work. Getting deals done!
For more information, contact:
Nikki Nitz, CPA, CMA: (208) 664-3100
- 3 Reasons You Didn't Get the Results You Wanted Last Year
- All That Glitters is Not Gold: The Long-Term Service Contract Dilemma
- Avoiding the Pitfalls in a Practice Sale
- Combating Employee Dissatisfaction
- Corporate Consolidators: 8 Facts Practice Owners Need to Know
- Does My Long Term Associate Own Some of the Goodwill in My Practice?
- How Are Practice Sales Being Financed Today?
- How Does Generation & Gender Affect Practice Ownership?
- How to Buy a Fixer-Upper Veterinary Practice
- I Just Want to Be a Doctor, Not an Owner/Manager Anymore!
- Is a Practice Merger a Good Option?
- Is Educational Debt a Barrier To Buying a Practice?
- Is My Practice Worth One Year's Gross?
- Management Issues in 1-3 Doctor Practices
- Practice Appraisal as a Management Tool
- Staffing Issues in 1-3 Doctor Practices
- Stand-Alone Medical Records Have No Value
- Unraveling the Mystery of Practice Appraisals
Western Veterinary Partners
Western Veterinary Partners (WVP) is a Veterinary Support Organization based in Denver, CO that acquires practices exclusively in the Western United States. WVP’s focus is to preserve the culture and legacy of a practice, resulting in a smooth transition of ownership. We take great care in listening to what a practice owner is looking to achieve and ensure that those goals are carried through a partnership. WVP offers practice owners an alternative to the traditional practice transition model. Our unique affiliation program offers the opportunity to be a part of a greater group network ensuring financial stability and alleviating administrative burdens.
For more information, contact:
Zoetis is the world leader in animal health. We discover, develop, manufacture and market veterinary medicines and vaccines, complemented by diagnostic products, genetic tests, biodevices and technical services. We work to help meet the growing worldwide demand for meat, poultry, fish, and dairy foods and the increasing desire for animal companionship. With our singular focus on animal health, we strive to make our products, services and people the most valued by our veterinarian and livestock producer customers around the world.
- Alex Hacker, Strategic Account Manager: (503) 449-1578
- Keri Weppler, Area Business Manager: (703) 307-6333
- Erin Kilroy, Territory Business Manager, South Portland - Willamette Valley: (425) 442-2378
- Theresa Jones, Territory Business Manager, North & West Portland: (503) 481-135
- Andrew Springer, Territory Business Manager, East Portland - Central Oregon: (928) 853-6556
- Kara Vezzani, Territory Business Manager, Eugene - Southern Oregon: (541) 690-0276
- Dr. Amy Weaver, Professional Services Veterinarian: (330) 718-0338
- Katie Patrick, Diagnostic Solutions Consultant - Oregon: (971) 263-3579