Thank you to our industry partners for supporting the OVMA and our public relations program.
Find out more about becoming an industry partner and our other advertising opportunities.
Architectural Werks, Inc.
Providing veterinary architecture, space planning, interior design, consultation, and construction administration services throughout the Pacific NW since 1969.
Jeff Clark, AIA: (425) 823-2244
- Creating a More Efficient Practice
- Dealing with Noise in Veterinary Facilities
- First Impressions: Creating a Client-Friendly Clinic
- Floor Materials 101 - Polished Concrete
- Managing Odors in the Practice
- Plan Your Project with a Sound Foundation
- Practical Strategies for Remodeling
- Reimagining the Waiting Room
- Remodeling Your Practice? Things to Consider
- The Hospital of the Future is Now
- The Post-COVID Veterinary Practice
- Street Appeal
Resources for Oregon Veterinarians
The AVMA Trust, through AVMA LIFE and AVMA PLIT, offers unparalleled insurance programs and other services available to AVMA member veterinarians. From business and professional insurance, to life insurance and disability, and now retirement planning and employee benefits, the Trust is here to protect and support veterinarians and their families at every stage of their personal and professional lives.
Sales and Service Center:
800-228-PLIT (7548) or firstname.lastname@example.org
- After the Disaster: Safety Tips for the Clean-Up
- Avoiding Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure
- Classifying Employees Properly on Your Workers' Compensation Policy
- Eight Tips to Prevent Data Breach and Cyber Fraud
- ERISA & Fiduciary Fundamentals
- Essential Disaster Planning for Veterinary Practices
- Managing an OSHA Inspection
- Practice Security & Workplace Violence
- Proper Handling Techniques Reduce the Risk of Injuries at Your Practice
- Preventing Back Injuries
- Preventing Harassment at Your Practice
- Protect Yourself from Identity Theft
- Reduce the Likelihood of Malpractice Allegations & Board Complaints
- Seven Key Elements of Business Continuity Planning
- Top 7 Business Insurance Mistakes Made by Veterinary Practice Owners
- Veterinary Practice Pregnancy Policy
Columbia Healthcare Banking, a division of Umpqua Bank
At Columbia Bank, we focus our energies on serving our veterinary clients better than any other financial institution. As a community-based bank, we offer a unique and unparalleled resource—a combination of professional expertise, individual attention and personal commitment. This commitment means we will work hard to understand your individual needs and counsel you on the financial decisions that affect your clinic. Our emphasis on relationship banking means you can rest assured that your veterinary clinic and finances remain well managed so you can concentrate on what you do best—providing services to your clients. But our commitment doesn't stop there. To better serve clinics outside our physical footprint, we have developed a wide range of products and services tailored to the veterinary industry that can fulfill all your banking needs no matter your location, while still providing you the relationship and service you expect from a community bank.
Cheryl Dorman: (503) 799-4145
John Campbell: (503) 799-4145
Lakefield Veterinary Group
Lakefield is a privately held, family-owned company building communities of like-minded veterinarians. We know you've spent a lifetime building a veterinary hospital defined by personal care, a unique culture, and dedication to your community. We believe this legacy matters more than anything. By partnering with Lakefield when you transition the ownership of your hospital, we preserve and protect that legacy for decades to come.
Craig Coughlin, Executive Vice President, Business Development: (503) 888-3191
Gary Goldstein, DVM, FAVD, DipAVDC, Chief Medical Officer: (612) 802-5031
Common Dental Problems in Dogs
Omni Practice Group
Over 100 years of Veterinary, Business, Finance, Brokering, and Real Estate experience. Trusted by veterinarians to purchase or sell veterinary medical practices and real estate including: associate to own, mergers, buyer’s representation, lease negotiation, building purchase/sale, associate placement and/or in-house transitions. We provide accredited valuations, creative financing solutions and personalized local service. Serving the Western United States with honesty and integrity. Initial consultation and analysis always free.
Jim Vander Mey, CPA, ABI, (877) 866-6053, ext. 2 or email@example.com
Michael Kovsky, DVM (877) 866-6053, ext. 5 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Rodney Johnston, MBA, CMA (877) 866-6053, ext. 1 or email@example.com
- 2020: It's Over! How the Pandemic Affects Practice Sales
- Access to Ownership
- Beware of Thumb Rules for Practice Sale Price
- Practice Transition Myth Busters
- Strategies for a Successful Veterinary Practice Purchase
- Trends in Transitions—Is It Time to Sell?
- Utilization of a Practice Broker
PetDx™ is a team of veterinarians, scientists, and business leaders dedicated to revolutionizing the early detection of cancer in pets. We develop noninvasive cancer testing solutions that incorporate many of the latest advances from the human liquid biopsy space.
- Chase Scheinbaum, (833) 464-7297 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Total Practice Solutions Group, LLC (Salzsieder & Associates)
We are independent brokers in the Pacific Region of Total Practice Solutions Group. TPSG is a nationwide group of veterinarians, brokers, attorneys and business experts. We meet your practice needs with Buyer Representation, Seller Representation, Appraisals, Financing Assistance, Management Consulting, Contract Negotiations, Legal Representation, Transition Planning and Real Estate Sales and Leasing. As a veterinarian, attorney and Accredited Valuation Analyst (AVA) Karl Salzsieder is uniquely qualified to provide practice owners and future buyers with honest, experienced advice to find value in your practice, to assist in the practice sale and to get clients results in the succession planning area.
Rex C. Salzsieder, CVA Analyst: (360) 636-1228 or (360) 560-7808 or email@example.com
Karl Salzsieder DVM, JD, AVA: (360) 636-1228 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Does the Economy Affect Practice Ownership Transition? (Or Your Future Retirement)
- How Client Divorce/Separation Can Affect Patient Ownership and Payments
- Know Your Veterinary Practice Value to Direct Management Decisions
- Prevent Loss in Practice Sale Price by Planning At Least 3 or More Years Before Listing
Ackerman Group specializes in selling veterinary practices to the corporate market and is the preferred broker among practice owners. We work on your behalf to help you secure the best price, best fit, and best terms so you can sell your veterinary practice successfully.
Rich Lester, (207) 450-8800
Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health
The Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health business is a global leader in the animal health industry and part of family-owned Boehringer Ingelheim, founded in 1885. Our work is guided by a passionate belief in a future in which no animal suffers from a preventable disease. We discover, develop and manufacture vaccines, parasiticides and therapeutics, complemented by diagnostics and monitoring platforms. With our innovative solutions, we support farmers, veterinarians as well as pet and horse owners who raise and deeply care for their animals.
Jake Ray, District Manager: (253) 225-4650
Gaea Walker, Northwestern Oregon: (503) 894-3085
Dr. Amelie Hatfield, Professional Services Veterinarian, Portland: (503) 333-5128
Dr. Scott Carter, Professional Services Veterinarian: (435) 764-1739
Signe Severs, Portland: (206) 755-9626
Chris Gaub, Southern Oregon: (541) 602-8571
Lisa Olson, Bend: (541) 213-8151
Amber Roney, Vancouver WA: (360) 844-0744
Adding a unique new offering to the veterinary industry, Epicur Pharma is a mini-manufacturer, producing drugs such as Tacrolimus Eyedrops, Buprenorphine Injection and Gabapentin tablets. Epicur is overseen by the FDA and is considered a 503B Registered Outsourcing Facility. Epicur follows Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) which are the same rules and regulations as the pharmaceutical companies. Epicur Pharma is proud to be a pioneer in animal drug standards, offering the largest selection of manufactured drugs that are traditionally compounded. Be sure to request Epicur products to get true quality that is backed by FDA oversight! Epicur products will be distributed directly to veterinary hospitals and offered through Stokes Pharmacy for individual patient prescriptions. Epicur is a new division of Stokes Healthcare (founded in 1975) and Stokes Pharmacy is a sister division.
Branson Bruce: (856) 818-8625
Our small business compliance platform is designed to help you meet OSHA’s Employee “Right-To-Know” Standards in one location. We provide Safety Data Sheets, Policies, Training Modules, the OSHA 300 Incident Log, and more! We look forward to helping your company maintain compliance, ensure the safety of your personnel, and maximize your time serving customers. OVMA members receive a 15% discount! Use code OREGONVMA when registering.
For more information, contact:
Michael Hackney: (256) 410-3422
Let’s Talk Workplace Safety: OSHA & USP <800> Hazard Communication Standards
- Is Your Practice Compliant?
Medical Professionals Financial Group
Mackenzie Martin with Medical Professionals Financial Group is part of a team of highly motivated individuals dedicated to the financial health and well-being of our clients. Our strength is generated from long-term commitment to our clients and veterinary, medical and dental communities. Mackenzie provides guidance for investments, insurance (life/disability/long term care) and financial planning. She is the endorsed advisor for financial planning for PVMA and WSVMA Members.
For a consultation, please contact: Mackenzie Martin at (503) 697-0817 or email@example.com
Registered Representative offering securities through Independent Financial Group, LLC (IFG). Member FINRA/SIPC. Medical Professionals Financial Group is not affiliated with IFG. Office of Supervisory Jurisdiction 310 N. State St. Suite 206 Lake Oswego OR 97034. OR Insurance License #708320
- Avoid Common Pitfalls with Benefits in Veterinary Practice
Building "True Wealth"
- Counting Your Retirement "Assets"
- Finding the Silver Lining
- Finding True Financial Freedom
- Resilience in the Time of COVID
- Review Your Financial Biography
- Staying on Course: Successful Management of New ERISA Fee Disclosure Rules
- The 10 Biggest Mistakes Investors Make
- The Pandemic Has Changed Perceptions of Wealth & Well-Being
For Equine Owners:
Pet Pharmacy NW
With over 20 years in compounding experience we are here to help support pet owners and veterinarians with custom medications. Our certified lab processes most prescriptions in less than 24 hours and we only use Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) from FDA approved facilities. Potency testing is completed often to ensure consistent and effective quality. We carry over 15 different flavor options to fit every animal’s needs. We offer free mailing to Oregon and Washington as well as competitive pricing for all!
Simmons & Associates Northwest
Practice Sales/Purchases/Buy-ins/Appraisals. Ease. Education. Experience. We put the longest established, most experienced, veterinary brokerage and appraisal team to work for you. We educate you on value, the buying and selling process, and your options, to bring you ease and comfort knowing you, your practice, and your dreams are in good hands. Working with buyers achieving practice ownership dreams. Working with sellers achieving rewards from years of hard work. Getting deals done!
For more information, contact:
Nikki Nitz, CPA, CMA: (208) 664-3100
- 3 Reasons You Didn't Get the Results You Wanted Last Year
- All That Glitters is Not Gold: The Long-Term Service Contract Dilemma
- Avoiding the Pitfalls in a Practice Sale
- Combating Employee Dissatisfaction
- Corporate Consolidators: 8 Facts Practice Owners Need to Know
- Current Market Conditions: The Good, The Bad & The Ugly
- Does My Long Term Associate Own Some of the Goodwill in My Practice?
- How Are Practice Sales Being Financed Today?
- How Does Generation & Gender Affect Practice Ownership?
- How to Buy a Fixer-Upper Veterinary Practice
- I Just Want to Be a Doctor, Not an Owner/Manager Anymore!
- Is a Practice Merger a Good Option?
- Is Educational Debt a Barrier To Buying a Practice?
- Is My Practice Worth One Year's Gross?
- Management Issues in 1-3 Doctor Practices
- Practice Appraisal as a Management Tool
Practice Valuations: Is it Time for a Paradigm Change?
- Staffing Issues in 1-3 Doctor Practices
- Stand-Alone Medical Records Have No Value
- Unraveling the Mystery of Practice Appraisals
Western Veterinary Partners
At WVP, we focus on you. WVP supports veterinary practices with non-clinical operations, while allowing doctors to focus on practicing high quality medicine. Whether you are seeking help with aspects of your business, like recruiting, accounting, inventory management, HR and marketing, or you’re seeking a new career opportunity, the team at Western Veterinary Partners can help. We’re here to listen to what’s most important to you and support your vision for the future. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. See what adventure awaits you with Western Veterinary Partners!
- Mike Rubey: (720) 640-2002
Zoetis is the world leader in animal health. We discover, develop, manufacture and market veterinary medicines and vaccines, complemented by diagnostic products, genetic tests, biodevices and technical services. We work to help meet the growing worldwide demand for meat, poultry, fish, and dairy foods and the increasing desire for animal companionship. With our singular focus on animal health, we strive to make our products, services and people the most valued by our veterinarian and livestock producer customers around the world.
- Alex Hacker, Strategic Account Manager: (503) 449-1578
- Keri Weppler, Area Business Manager: (703) 307-6333
- Erin Kilroy, Territory Business Manager, South Portland - Willamette Valley: (425) 442-2378
- Theresa Jones, Territory Business Manager, North & West Portland: (503) 481-135
- Andrew Springer, Territory Business Manager, East Portland - Central Oregon: (928) 853-6556
- Dr. Amy Weaver, Professional Services Veterinarian: (330) 718-0338
- Katie Patrick, Diagnostic Solutions Consultant - Oregon: (971) 263-3579